6.2 C
London
Monday, December 5, 2022
HomeNewsNews about imminent terrorist attack sponsored to create fear – Police PRO

News about imminent terrorist attack sponsored to create fear – Police PRO

Date:

Related stories

Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s presidency: Success for Nigeria’s birth

By Professor Ojo Emmanuel Ademola Within the framework of national...

PDP Chieftain, Melaye, begs the people of Borno to vote for the APC

The All Progressive Congress presidential campaign panel says the...

Appeal Court Reinstates Oyetola as Osun APC Governorship Candidate

The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja, Federal Capital...
spot_imgspot_img

“We, therefore, urge residents of the FCT and Nigerians at large to disregard this fake news which was purportedly sponsored to create fear in our people and heat up the polity,”

The Nigerian Police Public Relation Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi on Saturday said the news about an imminent terrorist attack is sponsored to create fear.

He asked Nigerians to disregard the news, as it is fake news.

“We, therefore, urge residents of the FCT and Nigerians at large to disregard this fake news, which was purportedly sponsored to create fear in our people and heat up the polity,” Mr Adejobi said.

He added that it was disheartening to see news making rounds that every area of the FCT had been saturated with bombs.

“We still reiterate that the Federal Capital Territory is safe and there is no imminent threat, neither is the FCT being saturated with bombs, as speculated in the news.

“…even from some individuals who are presumed to be peace ambassadors and patriotic agents of national unity in Nigeria.”

Such news, he said, will do Nigeria no good as it will further create panic in citizens and residents of the FCT and Nigeria at large.

Mr Adejobi said the police will continue to adopt all effective operational strategies to decimate the activities of non-state actors and other criminal elements in the country.

Since the Sunday advisory by the US, many other foreign missions have issued similar advisories, PREMIUM TIMES reported.

The Nigerian government has, however, advised citizens not to panic and said security agencies were working hard to prevent any attack.

The US Department of State, in a further escalation of the threat, approved the departure of its citizens willing to leave Nigeria due to the alert. The US embassy also suspended consular services in Abuja.

Julius Berger on Friday asked its expatriates to avoid public gatherings until Monday, 31 October.

A popular mall, Jabi Lake Mall in Abuja, also shut down on Thursday citing security reasons.

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories

spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here